The year 2018 represents a milestone in the history of Vincent Bach. Having started his business in 1918, master craftsman Vincent Bach created a legacy with the introduction of the first Bach trumpets in 1924 and the addition of trombones to the Vincent Bach line around 1928. To celebrate a legacy lasting 100 years, Conn-Selmer and Vincent Bach proudly present the new 42BOF commemorative trombone.
The Bach 42BOF features our antimicrobial lacquer to give this instrument a natural barrier to bateria and deactivates viruses.
- A traditional 42 bell, with the ultimate in tonal response and ability to change the color of sound.
- “Bell-free bracing” allows the bell to vibrate freely, creating a quicker response with more clarity and projection.
- European designed “Open-Flow” valve, creating an ease of playability in the low register, while maintaining a great high range as well.
- Jay Friedman, principal trombonist with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, was involved with the design of this trombone. The new signature Jay Friedman model is available to order as a “42CUSTOM”
- .562" bass bore handslide or lightweight nickel handslide
42CUSTOM options include:
- Lightweight gold brass bell
- Lightweight 50 slide, lightweight or standard 42 slide
- Interchangeable leadpipes
- Yellow standard, lightweight or heavyweight bell
- Gold standard or lightweight bell
- Standard handslide or lightweight nickel handslide
- Dual bore handslide
- Yellow brass bell
- European designed, open-flow rotary valve
- "Bell-free bracing" style
- .547" bore
- Traditional 42 slide mouthpipe
- Genuine Vincent Bach model 3416HA mouthpiece