Conn-Selmer, Inc. is the leading U.S. manufacturer of musical instruments for student, amateur and professional use encompassing a brand portfolio of Vincent Bach, C.G. Conn, King, Holton, Selmer, Armstrong, Leblanc, Ludwig, Musser, Scherl & Roth; and is also the North American Distributor of Henri Selmer Paris woodwinds, and Yanagisawa saxophones.
Join our team of entrepreneurial leaders, innovative manufacturers and passionate music educators seeking to improve the music industry worldwide. With a focus on quality craftsmanship and superior musical performance, we empower the next generation of talent to make their mark on the future of the world's most-loved musical brands.
We have an opening within our Product Development team for a Product Manager – Repair Parts. This position reports to the Vice-President Product & International Sales. The role is based in Elkhart, Indiana. The successful candidate must reside within a commutable distance to Elkhart.
The Repair Parts Product Manager leads all aspects of Repair Parts Department including, but not limited to, SKU set up, demand forecast, pricing, discontinuation process and parts communization. This role maintains established profit margins for repair parts, maintains established on-time delivery requirements and coordinates with multiple Conn-Selmer factories to establish new repair parts and discontinue old repair parts. Additionally, this position maintains the Repair Parts Website to ensure accuracy of parts lists, works with customer service for any repair part questions and manages and trains employees assigned to Repair Parts Department.
· Sets up and maintains item listings on Repair Parts website
· Coordinates with procurement and manufacturing team to ensure proper stocking levels of repair parts
· Evaluates and adjusts pricing and safety stock levels of repair parts for active and discontinued parent SKU’s
· Identifies repair part needs across all Conn-Selmer instrument categories and brands
· Maintains pricing (SPMM) record for all part numbers across all price levels
· Assists customer service with repair part inquiries from clients and consumers
· Collaborates with other Product Managers on platform consolidation and cross-compatibility of parts
· Ensures inventory accuracy of repair parts
· Sets up new parts and discontinues obsolete parts systematically in ERP (Infor Powerlink) and physically
· Trains customer service personnel periodically in knowledge of repair parts
· Coordinates with all Conn-Selmer factories for repair part requirements
· Visually inspects import repair parts upon receipt
· Other duties as assigned by VP of Product
· Minimum of 5 years’ of repair experience with musical instruments
· Must have a working knowledge of all musical instrument parts sold by Conn-Selmer
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP applications
· Must have excellent communication skills
· Experience with AS400 or Infor Powerlink preferred
· Instrumental music background preferred
· NAPBIRT member preferred
· Long periods of sedentary work
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
· Must be able to read and write English
· Repetitive upper body movement – keyboard and monitor use
· Visual and hearing acuity