Encouraging Your Student’s Success
The following are some tips that can guide you in better parent participation and in encouraging your student’s success:
- Be sincerely interested. Constructive criticism does not harm a child, but indifference does.
- Help make sure your student is supplied with a quality instrument and the accessories needed to be a success.
- Ensure that the instrument is in accurate playing condition.
- Support your student’s activity outside the class with instruction by a private teacher.
- Consult with your student’s teach on guidance during each phase of their development.
- Allow for suitable practice time for your student.
- Take an interest in your student’s lesson preparations and acknowledge his/her progress. Many parents even find it rewarding to learn to play an instrument along with their child.
- Be active in your school’s band parent organization.